Personally, I know very little about Minsk, apart from it is the capital of Belarus. So, in case you were in the same situation as me, and wanted to know a little more, here are some facts:
- Misnk sits on two rivers, the Svislach and the Nyamiha
- At a little over 15kms, Nezalezhnasti Avenue is the longest Avenue in Europe
- Minsk is home to over 100 fountains. The largest is Plošča Niezaliežnasci (Nezavisimosti Square) has a record-breaking 700 jets.
- The city is named after a giant called Menesk, who made bread
The Sane Travel in Minsk
OK, well I guess I struggled a bit with that, as you can probably tell by the final fact, although possibly my favourite. I’m going to hand it over to Anita from The Sane Travel to tell you more.
“Minsk is a big city with 2 million inhabitants and lots of things to see. Here are my top 7 things to do in Minsk for you. Check them out!”
Her post comes complete with some wonderful photos, so check it out to discover more about the handsome city and what to do in Minsk.
Are you a Travel Blogger?
If you want your blog to be added to our map be sure to check out our submit your blog page here: http://www.thetravelblogs.com/submit-your-blog
Continue searching for travel blogs from Europe
Recent blog posts from Europe
Latest posts by Matt (see all)
- The Ultimate Banff Itinerary – Four Iconic Parks in Five Days - August 18, 2019
- Vegan Amsterdam: The Ultimate Vegan Guide to Amsterdam - August 17, 2019
- Nusa Lembongan: Is it the real Bali? - August 17, 2019