I don’t know about you, but those days when I can’t be traveling, I always like to stumble on a few quotes to pick me up, out of my own little corner of the world and give me a little moment of escapism that everyone needs now and again.
In this post, I want to share with you some of my favourite quotes on traveling with friends. From the inspiration of planning a trip to reminiscing on great times past.
While I’m a huge advocate for traveling solo, there is something special about sharing moments and creating lifelong memories with your true friends. The kind of memories that you just need to glance at each other to know you are both thinking of the exact same moment.
Unfortunately, over time, many of these travel quotes have become de-attached from their author, but where possible I have included.
So without further ado, let’s crack on with the inspirational travel quotes.
You may also like: Best Gifts For Traveling Businessmen
The best quotes on traveling with friends
At some point in the past, a plan was devised, an idea to travel the world and share it with your besties. The chances are one of these quotes about travelling with friends sums up that moment of inception perfectly.
- “There is a whole world out there. Pack your backpack, your best friend and go.”
- “Sometimes all you need is a great friend and a tank of gas.” – Thelma and Louise
- “A good friend listens to your adventures. A best friend makes them with you.”
- “You can pack for every occasion, but a good friend will always be the best thing you could bring!”
- “Take that person and travel around the world. Buy a plane ticket for the two of you to travel ALL around the world and go to places that are hard to get to and hard to get out of. And when you come back… and if you’re still in love with that person… get married at the airport.” – Bill Murray
- “Everyone needs a friend that will call and say, ‘Get dressed, we are going on an adventure.”
- “Never go on trips with anyone you do not love.” – Ernest Hemingway
- “Life was meant for good friends and great adventures.”
- “Wanderlust isn’t about running away from it all. It’s about experiencing the outside to discover the inside.”
- “We are all travelers in the wilderness of the world, and the best we can find in our travels is an honest friend.” – Robert Louis Stevenson
- “As soon as I saw you, I knew an adventure was about to happen.” – A.A. Milne or Winnie the Pooh, you decide
- “In Life, It’s Not Where You Go – It’s Who You Travel With.” –Charles M. Schulz
- “There are no strangers in this world, only friends I haven’t met yet.”
- “Sometimes all you need is a great friend and thirst for adventure.”
- “Everyone needs this friend that calls and says, “Get dressed, we’re going on an adventure.”
- “It doesn’t matter where you’re going, it’s who you have beside you.”
- “Friends, sun, sand, and sea – that sounds like a summer to me.”
- “A daring adventure with your best friends might be just what the doctor ordered”
- “You can’t stay in your corner of the Forest waiting for others to come to you. You have to go to them sometimes.” – A.A. Milne or Winnie the Pooh
- “If you go looking for a friend, you’re going to find they’re very scarce. If you go out to be a friend, you’ll find them everywhere.” – Zig Ziglar
On the Road – traveling friendship quotes
So now that you’re prepped, hyped and ready to go, what about those quotes that sum up the journey you’re on. Even better, what about the travel friends you make along the way? Well, that’s what this section of awesome trip with friends quotes are all about!
- “There are no strangers here; Only friends you haven’t yet met.” – William Butler Yeats
- “If you want to go quickly, go alone. If you want to go far, go together.” – African proverb
- “Good times and crazy friends make the best memories.”
- “The more I traveled, the more I realized fear makes strangers of people who should be friends.” – Shirley MacLaine
- “Life by the water is always better, especially with a few good friends in tow.”
- “I have found out that there ain’t no surer way to find out whether you like people or hate them than to travel with them.” – Mark Twain
- “Lots of people want to ride with you in the limo, but what you want is someone who will take the bus with you when the limo breaks down.” – Oprah Winfrey
- “When traveling life’s journey, it’s good to have a friend’s hand to hold on to.”
- “Good company in a journey makes the way seem shorter.” – Izaak Walton
- “Good friends follow you anywhere.” – One more from A.A. Milne’s Winnie the Pooh
- “No road is long with good company.” – Turkish proverb
- “Together is our favourite place to be.”
- “People are always in good company when they are doing what they really enjoy.” – Samuel Butler
- “The real test of friendship is can you literally do nothing with the other person? Can you enjoy those moments of life that are utterly simple?” – Eugene Kennedy
- “As with any journey, who you travel with is more important than the destination.”
- “The fastest way to make a friend for life is to travel with a stranger”
- “There is nothing like puking with somebody to make you into old friends.” – Sylvia Plath, The Bell Jar
- You may also enjoy: 19 travel tips and how I learnt them
Remembering the journey – memorable trip with friends quotes
All good things come to an end, right? Sadly that goes for traveling too. At some point, you will be returning home, but that doesn’t mean you can’t look back and smile?
Well, that’s exactly what these quotes about friends traveling are for, for those moments you need a flashback to some of the crazy stories you created along the path of your travels.
- “There is an unspoken bond you create with the friends you travel with.” – Kristen Sarah
- “Friends that travel together, stay together.”
- “A journey is best measured in friends, rather than miles.” – Tim Cahill
- “One of the great things about travel is that you find out how many good, kind people there are.” – Edith Wharton
- “The best things in life are the people we love, the places we’ve been, and the memories we’ve made along the way.”
- “A journey well shared is a journey well enjoyed.”
- “It was us against the world.” – Burnell Glanzer
- “My old grandmother always used to say, Summer friends will melt away like summer snows, but winter friends are friends forever.” – George R.R. Martin
- “I am glad you are here with me. Here at the end of all things, Sam.” – J.R.R. Tolkien
Just damn good quotes
Welcome to the 4th quarter, these are the traveling with friends quotes that didn’t quite fit into the above sections but I just love.
Some are sweet and sentimental, others just get you thinking, either way, I love all of these and they perfectly sum up what it is to be travel friends.
- “Sweet is the memory of distant friends! Like the mellow rays of the departing sun, it falls tenderly, yet sadly, on the heart.” – Washington Irving
- “Sharing adventures means enjoying them 100% more.”
- “Perhaps travel cannot prevent bigotry, but by demonstrating that all peoples cry, laugh, eat, worry, and die, it can introduce the idea that if we try and understand each other, we may even become friends.” – Maya Angelou
- “True friends never apart, maybe in distance never in heart.” – Helen Keller
- “Friendship isn’t about being inseparable…it’s being separated and knowing nothing will change.”
- “A real friend is one who walks in when the rest of the world walks out.” – Walter Winchell
- “You and me, we are more than friends. We are like a small travel gang!”
- “Friendship is the golden thread that ties the heart of all the world.” – John Evelyn
- “No friendship is an accident.” – O. Henry, Heart of the West
- “Don’t walk in front of me; I may not follow. Don’t walk behind me; I may not lead. Just walk beside me and be my friend.” – Albert Camus
- “We are travellers on a cosmic journey, stardust, swirling and dancing in the eddies and whirlpools of infinity. Life is eternal. We have stopped for a moment to encounter each other, to meet, to love, to share. This is a precious moment. It is a little parenthesis in eternity.” – Paulo Coelho
Quotes about traveling with friends: final thoughts
So there you have it, I hope you have found some smiles and inspiration in this extensive list of quotes on traveling with friends.
So what number is your favourite? Maybe you have one that is not on the list, please add it to the comments, I’d love the list to keep on growing.