As a caring mom or dad, you would not want anything that gets in the way of your baby’s comfort or anything that compromises their joy at all times.
Families who love traveling will agree that their baby’s comfort is their comfort as well. When your baby is uncomfortable, it erodes your peace and fun.
That’s why some people find it hard to imagine travelling with babies, but you can. All you’ll need are few baby travel essentials.
A good travel crib is one of the most important baby travel items especially if you are taking a flight with your baby. By getting your baby the best travel crib for toddler, you get to enjoy every moment of your adventures.
You may also like:
- Best Stroller For Travel On An Airplane
- Best Diaper Bags For Traveling
- Best Travel Crib For Flying
- Best Bag For Traveling With Toddlers With Guide
Coming your way in this post - click to expand ->
Note – Please know, some of the external links on this page are affiliate links, this means that if you purchase after following one, I make a small commission from the sale at no additional cost to yourself.
What is a Travel Crib?
A travel crib is a crib that has features fitting traveling. A travel crib is small and lightweight and therefore it is allowed on planes just like hand luggage. Although always double-check your airline restrictions.
A travel crib can play both roles, being a home crib and also one for the road. A travel crib is a little bit different from a portable crib. A portable crib is slightly bigger and sturdy meaning it can be a little bit heavier for traveling. A good travel crib will collapse to a very small size without sacrificing the safety features required.
The Best Travel Crib for Toddler
- Lotus Travel Crib
- BABYBJORN Travel Crib
- Graco Pack ‘n Play On the Go Playard
- Graco Travel Lite Crib
- KidCo PeaPod
- Flisko 2 in 1 Travel Crib & Bassinet
- Besrey Bassinet
- KoolerThings Baby Bassinet
- SUNBA YOUTH Baby Tent
- SnoozeShade for Pack n Plays
1. Lotus Travel Crib
The Lotus travel crib is suitable for air travels. It is compact with a light carry backpack case. It is the only crib which has a backpack case that gives you the convenience of carrying your baby as well. It is equally light weighing 13 pounds (lbs) when packed.
This functions perfectly as a playing pen and a sleeping bed as well. The soft, comfortable foam mattress of the lotus travel crib is ideal for undisturbed sweet sleep throughout the sleeping time. It is also easy to set it up, with the process taking about 15 minutes only.
The side zip gives your child the freedom of crawling in and out of the crib when open. You can also zip it up to secure your child in the crib. It is a homely crib that can tempt you to join in the fun.
The full-height round breathable mesh provides full airflow and see-through to your baby in the crib. The crib does not limit you to use it on travel only. You can also use it in your kitchen while cooking to keep your baby near you when sleeping or playing.
You don’t have to worry about the safety of the crib. It has no flame retardants like PVC (polymerizing vinyl chloride) or Phthalates. It has no heavy metals such as lead. It is also low in volatile organic compound (VOC). It is therefore GREENGUARD certified with a Gold level safety for children.
- Swift, easy setup and disassembly.
- Lightweight yet durable.
- Side zipper for convenience.
- It’s easy to clean up.
- Sheets are not included.
- There’s room for improvement for the Velcro system.
- 【CERTIFIED SAFE & LOW-VOC】It’s surprising, but some baby products, including play yards, still contain harsh chemicals. That didn’t fly with our...
2. BABYBJORN Travel Crib
The BabyBjorn travel crib lights up any room with its soothing design, but it has a more remarkable sturdy streak due to its rigid built-in base construction. The comfortable mattress comes with hook and loop attached to keep it in place.
BabyBjorn is easy to carry along in your travels and adventures. The baby bjorn crib fabric is 100% polyester with breathable and safe mesh fabric on the sides to let you see through.
Its mattress is 50% polyester and 50% polyurethane (PU) for the top and for the bottom 100% polyester which is soft and comfy for the child.
It is easy to fix and dismantle without calling for expert help. It weighs 13 lbs, measuring 32”x 44”x 24” when assembled and 19”x 23.5”x 5.5” when folded in its carry bag. The mattress measures 23.5”x 41”x 1.2”.
The crib fabric and mattress cover are machine-washable on 40 degrees Celsius warm and 60 degrees Celsius hot respectively.
The BabyBjorn travel crib light has been certified through JPMA certification program and passed to be safe for a child’s use. The crib can be used by ages 0-3 years’ babies and toddlers without weight limitation for these ages.
The setback on this crib’s best features is the height. A short mum will get challenges setting a sleeping child in the crib everynight.
- Lightweight and convenient to move about with a carrying case.
- It comes with a mattress that’s both comfy and sturdy with a reasonable weight limit.
- Easy to set up and takedown.
Likely to not fit in most suitcases, you may need to check it separately when at the airport.
3. Graco Pack ‘n Play On the Go Playard
Graco Pack ‘n Play on the Go is versatile and handy great option for your little one’s joy and comfort. Besides it being called a ‘playard’ it is ideal for use as a crib.
With it, there is no cumbersome process of dismantling and mantling, which makes for a great travel with your baby. All you will have to do is a simply fold with the aid of a push button. It is fold-able just like an umbrella, your baby’s play yard shouldn’t stress you out, after all.
Looking at it when it is folded, it can easily fool you on its size, and yet it is a full-size crib to fit your baby while sleeping. The durable frame features are compact and yet sturdy to endure roughness in traveling, boasting a reasonable weight limit.
You can also use this playard as a changing station as it features a changing table among other essentials that make it easy to wipe after use.
It has a mesh all round for breathability and easy monitoring of your baby when playing or sleeping.
What’s more, the playard features a toy bar with a number of soft toys to keep your baby entertained in a safe place.
You and your baby will fall in love with this Graco Pack ‘n Play on the Go’ that comes in beautiful colors.
- Extremely easy to set up.
- Affordably priced.
- It comes with a travel bag and fold-up wheels, making it compact.
- Has a removable full-size bassinet for older babies.
- Some of the accessories, including sheets, are not included.
- The mattress pads can be of better quality.
4. Graco Travel Lite Crib
Weighing a mere 19 lbs, the Graco Travel Lite Crib is a cute crib with a canopy where you can dangle your choice toys for the little one.
The canopy also will shield your baby from light giving you the option of having the crib nearby, when you are reading or working in the night.
This prince of travel cribs boasts versatility, as you can convert it to a play yard, giving your baby a homely comfortable place anywhere you are. And when your baby needs to sleep, you can fix back the bassinet for a restful sleep.
The crib comes in different color-mixes and is suitable for toddlers.
- Your child can use this bassinet as they grow.
- Compact and one of the best portable cribs around.
- Mesh sides ensure proper ventilation.
- Automatic folding features make it perfect for traveling.
- Some buyers complained of size smaller than they imagined, so confirm the size before ordering.
- With 3 growing stages, this bassinet is specially designed to grow with baby from newborn to young toddler
5. KidCo PeaPodNo products found.
The KidCo PeaPod is lightweight and frankly one of the best travel cribs on the market, owing greatly to a unique focus on sturdiness and comfort. It is ideal for traveling on an air flight. You can also use it on your outdoor activities like picnics. It is great for UV protection with anchor straps that you can use to attach it to the ground.
Also, you can take it along with you to your camping expeditions for your babies comfort while away from home.
It comes with a micro-lite pad for sleeping on which you can secure firmly at the bottom of the PeaPod with snaps. You can easily remove the sleeping pad and pack it when on the move.
It is a lightweight crib (2.45 lb) and portable, to fit easily into your standard size carry-on luggage. Alternatively, Kidco travel cribs have their own travel bag, which you can hang on your shoulders using two provided straps. It is best for ages 1 – 5 years.
- Easy to clean
- The material is UV coated and fire retardant.
- Lightweight and portable.
- It may not be easy to fold correctly.
- Where the mesh and zipper meet seems to need reinforcements.
No products found.
6. Flisko 2 in 1 Travel Crib & Bassinet
The major selling point of any travel crib is its portability, and this travel crib is exemplary with its compact size and lightweight design.
The crib is made from a breathable mesh fabric. It allows for sufficient airflow and visibility. All these make it perfectly suited for new-born babies to 3-year-olds. With the insulated, plush foam mattress, you can rest assured your baby will be comfortable and cozy sleeping away from home. The side zipper is another feature that furthers convenience for you, as an extra access point, and for your baby, as a crawl-through exit.
Of course, this baby gear is noticeably rigid and balanced to prevent collapse or unintended folding. You also don’t have to worry about any dangerous materials used in the crib’s construction. All of it is made from high-quality, rugged materials, so safety is a guarantee.
Traveling is made even more convenient with its quick and simple and quick folding mechanism. Combine this with its carry case/travel bag that converts into a comfortable backpack, and you have an efficient, hands-free, multi-purpose, on-the-go travel crib for parents.
- Waterproof crib pad
- The uniquely designed zippered door provides easy access.
- It includes a fitting crib sheet.
- It also includes a removable, clip-on bassinet for babies.
- Doesn’t have wheels.
- STURDY, SAFE DESIGN: The bassinets supportive structure and solid frame keeps your baby safe at all times. It is constructed from high-quality rugged...
7. Besrey Bassinet
This cozy, portable bassinet from Besrey is just right for parents who prefer to have their little ones sleeping close by, whether at home or away. Babies who weigh anywhere below 44Ibs will sleep soundly in what is one of the best travel cribs around in terms of baby comfort.
With a specially designed, large-sized rest area, soft mattress, and an assured 10° swing, Besrey Bassinet ensures comfort for your baby more than anything else.
As for how this makes things easier for you, you can set it up and fold it down in under a minute for starters. What’s more, it is lightweight and one of the best portable cribs at about 20 pounds weight.
You can use this portable bassinet as an alternative sleep area in your home, a safe space when you are outdoors, or even as an extra changing station because of its multiple storage spaces to keep baby essentials.
As a bonus, it comes with a mosquito net and a storage bag in case you need a safe space. As a result, this bassinet’s inclusiveness and compact nature make it more so perfect for parents on the go.
- With the full-cover mosquito net, your baby is completely protected.
- A storage basket at the base, cup holder, and a side pocket makes for extra storage space.
- Rearrange the legs to rock the crib gently
- Not suitable for walking babies.
8. KoolerThings Baby Bassinet
Just as the name implies, the KoolaBaby baby bassinet is quite cool and cozy. It is ideal for newborns aged between 0 to 8 months and certainly for parents living life on the go, and is regarded by many as the best overall portable travel crib.
This bassinet’s design is lightweight, comes with a travel case and sports four wheels, making it convenient for travels and traversing between rooms. This fresh design and the durability of its make-up materials indicate that it is not just physically appealing but will last long for many fun vacations and naps at home.
However, the Koola Baby Crib is additionally advantageous in that it isn’t just for sleeping. It doubles up as a mobile crib, standalone cradle, and you can convert the bottom of the bassinet into a playpen for your baby to play safely.
The roomy section below the bassinet is perfect for keeping spare diapers and burping clothes in preparation for those unplanned surprises.
- High quality, friendly and durable material.
- It comes with a lightweight carrying case.
- It is multi-purpose as it can be used as a standalone bassinet, a bedside sleeper, and a playpen.
- The window mesh sides aid breathability significantly.
- As one of the best travel cribs around, perhaps its only shortcoming is an incorrect age/weight limit on the box.
- Get a Good Night’s Sleep with KoolaBaby baby bassinet. It keeps your baby cozy and close by, so you both can “sleep like a baby.” The 4-in-1 newborn...
9. SUNBA YOUTH Baby TentNo products found.
One of the most appealing features of the SUNBA YOUTH baby tent is that it is ridiculously easy to use – it can pop up in just about 3 seconds. With a bit of practice, it takes the same few seconds to collapse it as well.
That aside, this tent provides about 50+ UPF protection and can completely zip shut to keep out bugs and the likes, making it perfect for camping trips especially, but it’ll work fine in beaches and other outdoor locations.
Still, the material is made with well-designed mesh sides all around. It is also eco-friendly and non-toxic and, as such, is both comfortable and harmless to your little ones. The tent is one of the very best travel cribs for children three years and younger.
- It doubles up as a bed that can be used in any location, indoors or outdoors.
- The UPF 50+ feature means it will conveniently protect your baby on the sunniest days.
- It collapses quickly into a small case, making it easy to set up, thus, easy to transport.
- For a sleeper beach tent, it is quite large.
- It is relatively small for a play tent.
- There is no padding, so a baby lounger or folded cloth or towel is advisable for the baby to lay on.
No products found.
10. SnoozeShade for Pack n Plays
To round off our list of the best travel cribs, this isn’t actually a crib, but a super handy accessory, the SnoozeShade pack ‘n’ play crib cover. For many parents, the fact that there are no complicated attachments for its set-up and that it is easy to carry is attractive enough, but that’s not close to half of SnoozeShade’s lure.
Built as an open and close darkening tent that fits over your crib, instead of having the usual mesh sides, this travel crib accessory has solved the age-long problem of where to place your baby when it’s bedtime and you’re not at home. Now, you don’t need to turn off the lights and go to sleep at 7:30 pm. Unless you want to, of course.
If you need a safe place for your baby when you’re on the road that’s sturdy enough to have a good weight limit, easy to carry, works well as a great travel portable playard, and super easy on your child’s eyes, few travel cribs pack as much punch as Snooze Shade.
- SnoozeShade cribs are lightweight.
- Teds traveller fans might not agree, but its best overall light-adjusting feature sets it in a class of its own, really.
- Don’t worry about weight limits with this one
- Sides are made with air-permeable polyester for breathability
- Make sure you don’t use it as a blackout cover
- Not one of the best products for babies that can stand up the full length of the crib
- THE ONLY SLEEP CANOPY APPROVED BY THE INPAA: Launched in 2011, SnoozeShade was the Original blackout privacy pod sleep nook. It helps babies (from birth)...
How to Choose Best Travel Crib for Toddlers
Here are a few factors to consider when shopping for a good travel crib for your little munchkin.
One of the essential features of a travel crib is the size. Whether you need one of the best travel cribs for toddler or a travel crib for 2 year-old, still, the size would play an essential role. What you need to know is:
- How it folds: Can it wrap to the smallest size that can fit in a hand luggage or a suitcase to make it the best travel crib for flying? If yes, then it is a plus for it.
- Besides folding, is the crib the right size for your child?
- Check the weight limit: You need the least added weight as much as possible. The weight limit also indicates how sturdy it is sometimes.
- Children grow fast. Consider this fact as well to give an allowance for growth. You wouldn’t want to spend more money when your child outgrows the crib in two months.
Despite there being American set standards concerning safety, some cribs might not be 100% safe probably due to:
- The material used for travel cribs. Apart from being light, is it strong enough and is it free from toxins? Some cribs would have toxic materials with traces of heavy metal which might be harmful to your child’s health.
- The design of the crib. Is it safe to keep the child from sneaking out or accidentally falling out? If you are looking for the best travel cribs for 1-year-olds, you should make sure the crib is stable enough from wobbling or toppling when your child is tossing and turning. You’ll need a safe choice in light of all these.
Simple to fix
You need to have a travel crib that is simple to fix and fast. The more complicated it is to set it up, the easier it is to get spoiled.
When looking for the best travel cribs for toddlers or babies, have a keen eye to notice anything that can compromise their comfort. Check on the air flow, the best crib mattress, and other extras that might add to its cozy.
Getting one of this travel cribs will give you the joy of traveling along with your child. Nothing can stop you now from giving your child the full homely comfort even when you are miles away from home.
No matter where you want to go, having a baby should not be a hindrance to your adventures. You should incorporate your child into your life and let them see and learn from you at your best.
It puts your baby to sleep on-the-go, and can be a portable play yard, the best travel cribs for toddlers are a must have item for travelling with a baby. Get the crib that would be the best for your child. After all, your child’s comfort and safety is important.
You may also like to read: